Saturday, August 23, 2008

Late nights are different than pre-MMG...

So, I had a crazy night last night and got barely any sleep! Now, in the past that would mean that I was out at a club or bar all night having a wild time. But this was very different. M has her first cold and J GAVE IT TO HER! She has slept through the night every night since April 7th...until last night. I knew she was sick so I was expecting it. She went to sleep around 10 p.m. (which is late for her), then woke up at 1 a.m. for a little milky snack. She slept for about 15 minutes then woke up again and we walked back and forth (back and forth, back and forth) around the living room until she went to sleep again just before 2 a.m. I fell right back asleep but she woke up again at 3 a.m. and we were up until 4, then up again at 5:30 until 7:30. We started our "normal" day at 7 a.m. with breakfast but thankfully she took an early nap from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Just in time to get ready to go to the airport to pick up Aunt J! Oh, you're wondering how J dealt with all the interruptions in his sleep. He used a technique I have yet to master...he just kept sleeping.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wickes said...

Oh so familiar. Nolan's first cold was given to him by Adam and last night was another wake up twice to nurse (he's not sick though) and at 8am when I was exhausted dragging my butt downstairs Adam is chipper whistling some tune smacks my tush "I'm off to the gym, have a great day baby!" What?!?! I can barely keep my eyes open while he was sawing logs and now he has the energy to go to the gym? Grrrr...