Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wall stencils

Every time we move I say "I'm going to paint." But I have yet to EVER paint a room in any home I've ever lived in. Shame on me! So, I'm looking at our move to Vegas as a big chance to use some color on my walls whether we buy, rent, or live on base. Now that I've put it out in the blogosphere you all can hold me accountable, right?!? I've just gotten some inspiration from a post about stencils at 6th Street Design School. There's a great giveaway today on this site featuring Cutting Edge Stencils!

I love the look of a tone on tone paint job and in the past have thought that I'd alternate stripes using a flat and high-gloss paint. Now, I'm thinking a stencil is the way to go. I love Brocade No. 1.
I'm not sure if I'll do it spread out around one of the girls' rooms, in a more repeated pattern (so it looks like wallpaper) as an accent wall, or in a small room (like a half bath). Either way, I want it to be subtle. I'm so excited to get decorating!!! Which is a good thing because at this point I'm dreading the move (mostly because where we're going to live hasn't been decided. Yikes!).

No comments: