Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Revolving Roundup: Monthly Baby Pics

So I'm starting a new "feature" here on the old bloggeroo called "Revolving Roundup." There will be a whole slew of topics and I hope to do it once a month. It will be a group of images that I like all on the same theme (tacos, fall shoes, orange accessories, favorite kitchen gadgets, etc...you get the idea). Sometimes I might use it for you, my stellar readers, to help me figure out which item/thing to choose. That is the case with this first "roundup."

I took a pic of The G each month through her 1st birthday in the same pose with a stuffed animal (check out the first 6 months HERE). My fantastic friend Jamie sent us a cute blankie bear thingy that had her name embroidered on it and it worked out smashingly. But, I don't have anything cute like that for Miss E. So, after scouring the internet, these are the ideas I found that I'm thinking about using. Her 1 month b-day is this Friday people so I don't have a ton of time!

1. From John and Sherry at Young House Love. They use different fabric each week (I'm only going for a monthly shot...these peeps are over achievers!) and photoshop in the number on her onesie to coordinate. I don't know about the shot from above once E gets older. I don't think she'll lay down and cooperate as easily. What I do love about this is that you can later use the fabric for a quilt, birthday banner, table runner, whatever.

Clara: 12 Weeks Old


2.From Bless Our Nest. I love that this is more consistent with what I did with G but I havent been able to track down a little chalkboard and a whiteboard just doesn't have the same flair.

3. I can't not share the creative genius of Adele at Mila's Daydreams. This is AMAZING but way above and beyond what I want to do. You should check out this blog. This momma takes a few pics a WEEK like this. She makes up a backdrop while her daughter sleeps where she imagines what precious is dreaming about. Do some people make you feel so inadequate? I'm OK with my inadequacies...I'm just proud of myself for vacuuming once a week (usually. ok. once every 2 weeks.) and making sure everyone gets dinner before 8 p.m. Hee hee.


4. darielacrua posted these shots on flickr. I like the child in the same onesie and chair because it shows her change in size.

MayaMonthly3

5. This shot by photoemagery is super cute. I like the alphabet/number blocks (crap! I need to get some of those) and I could include a favorite book each month (except that there is no fave book of Miss E right now...unless you count the 8 gazillion times I've looked at What to Expect the First Year).

So, what do you think??? Let me know your faves!

2 comments:

Candie said...

Carrie, you are such a good mommy. My favs are #2 and 5. But I know whatever you decide to do is going to be adorable. How could it not with such an adorable little girl as your subject?!? And, umm, #3? Holy moly. It's adorable, but talk about your over-achiever! I'm with you on feeling good to get everyone fed. But I don't put a time limit on it. Just fed. Period.

Tiffany Wickes said...

I love them all and only wish to of been that creative. Maybe with number 3?