Thursday, September 16, 2010

House Hunting

We're off to Vegas this weekend to do a little house hunting. Honestly, I'm dreading it. On top of being a very quick and rushed trip, I know absolutely NOTHING about the city (never been there) and all of our friends that are there give us different info about where to live. It seems like there really is NO good place. The neighborhoods are either too expensive, near crappy & scary neighborhoods, or too far from J's work. I have gotten so spoiled by being on base that I want him to have a short drive to and from the base. I LOVE that when he gets done with a 14 hour day, he's only been away from the house for 14 hours and 10 minutes! And, we were hoping to get base housing (which is brand spankin' new!) so I'm a little disappointed that that probably isn't going to work out. One other issue for me is that I don't like the style of the houses there. Blah. They all look the same -- varying shades of brown. And what's up with all those niches inside? Weird. Will I ever get to live in a home that's actually my style...we'll see I guess.

Typical house in Vegas (...at least in our price range)
Um...I can't even see the front door!

This is more my speed. And, it just happens to be the HGTV Dream Home 2009.

OK, now that I'm done being Debbie Downer here is the scoop. We ARE taking the girlies so it'll be E's first plane ride. J's parents are meeting us there to help out. They'll probably keep G while we hunt and E will go with us since I'm the mobile milk wagon. They're super excited to hang out with their grandbabies and meet E. I'm super excited to have the help while we look for our next front door!

No comments: