Sunday, October 18, 2009

NASCAR

Earlier this month, J did the fly-by for the Kansas NASCAR race. He's done them before but I've never seen it in person, only watched it on TV. This time, I got to go to the race and I still can't believe how emotional I got watching the jets go over. First of all, I got really nervous while the National Anthem was being sung. I'm not sure what I was nervous about but I was freakin' out!!! Then, I felt so proud as they flew over and tens of thousands of people were cheering for them. It was crazy and I was a little embarrassed because I was so overwhelmed. Anyway, my sis took some pics of J and I together but here's a couple from that day.

We watched the start of the race from right behind Jimmie Johnson's pit box!!!


The Miss Sprint Cup girls wanted to take a pic with the AWESOME pilots!


Tony Stewart (ehh!) won the race and we got to hang out in Victory Lane after the race.

2 comments:

Tiffany Wickes said...

That is really cool. My folks are huge NASCAR fan. I like it too... shhh, thats a secret :)

Angie said...

Carrie that is so awesome! Did you see Junior?