Saturday, August 22, 2009

1 week down, 9 to go!

Well, let me start off with the good stuff. I love the people I'm working with at my internship, I love being in the library, and I feel like I'm learning a lot.

Now, on to the not so good stuff. Miss G is a MESS!!! She cries when we drop her off at daycare. She cries when we pick her up from daycare. She's cried ALL night long 2 nights this past week. It is breaking my heart!!! Plus, she's sick. Which I'm sure is typical of kids new to daycare. Between Tuesday and Thursday the poor thing (and her poor parents) only got about 12 hours of sleep TOTAL! Last night was better but J (bless him) was up with her 3 times. And, for a girl (me, not The G) who's used to napping during the day was pretty sluggish at work Friday.

It feels like having a newborn all over again. Sleepless nights. A total lack of confidence in what I'm doing. And wondering when I'll sleep through the night again.

AND, to top it all off I'm not getting paid for all my efforts. Bummer.

2 comments:

Matt Howard said...

Oh, Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I know that breaks your heart. I wish I was there to help!! She could stay with us and my kiddos could keep her happy, I'm sure! :o) If only... But I'm sure though that she'll get used to it pretty soon and before long she'll run right in and start playing and barely look back. (Which will probably break your heart in a whole new way. Oh the joys of motherhood.) She's just been with her favorite person in the whole wide world, her mommy, non-stop for her whole life. It's gonna take some getting used to. And once she does, then she'll be fine, you'll be fine and you can enjoy dropping her off with a smile and going to pick her up with her running into your arms with a huge smile & kiss! I have no doubt it'll happen. Until then though, I'll be praying for all of you. You'll make it!

Tiffany Wickes said...

Hang in there friend. I can't begin to sympathize but you can take solace in knowing that at the end of this 9 weeks you can go back to being her mommy full time. Another friend of mine hired someone to come into the home for her son when she started back part-time and it made a huge difference for her and the baby. Is that a possibility? If Adam were deployed right now and I wasn't 37 weeks pregnant I would have come down there and nannied. I know that doesn't do you any good now. My prayers are with you.