Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Twenty-nine...

Today marks two occasions. First, I have been pregnant for 29 weeks. Not really that monumental but fun when combined with occasion number dos. Today is also the last day I am 29 years old. Goodbye 20's. You've been good to me.

I met J when I was 20,
got engaged at 21,
married at 22,
moved away from MO(miss you Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy) at 23,
lived by the beach (something that seemed like a good idea) at 24,
moved to Europe at 25,
got pregnant at 26,
had my most amazing MMG at 27,
worked on a Master's degree at 28,
and got pregnant with Baby #2 at 29.

I spent the last day of my 20's with my girl because J is out of town. We played and played and played, I got a haircut (much needed), and we ATTEMPTED to go bowling. The lanes were all full and we waited because one lane was almost finished. When they started another game, I told G we needed to leave because the other lanes were full of league players and a party of some kind. She started bawling and begging to "BOWLEE!" This crying thing is unusual for her and I think it's because she's really starting to miss her daddy. Anyway, when the 2 young (early 20's...ahh, so much to learn :-) guys saw us, they asked me if we were waiting for the lane. I told them it was fine if they weren't finished but they started insisting that we take the it (I would assume it was because G looked soooo pitiful). Then, one of them said "Ma'am, we don't need to have another game." I'm not sure what is wrong with me (ok, hormones, feeling giant, wishing I could be irresponsible on the last day of my 20s, desperately missing my friends who are all over the country, missing J, being called ma'am by 2 guys that think I'm old, blah, blah, blah) but I started crying. Right there in the bowling alley. What?!? Embarrassing much? So I scooped up The G and hustled out of there. One of the guys followed me out asking if I was OK, stuttering, and falling over himself offering me the bowling lane AND continued to call me ma'am. Poo. I couldn't stop crying so I just scurried away. I hope this will be funny in a day or two. Right now I just feel deflated (although you wouldn't know that to look at the pic of my big 'ole belly! Ha!).

3 comments:

Candie said...

Awwww...it will indeed be funny to you soon. And yes, those hormones are crazy things. But you should be excited! For today you are 30, and the 30s are great! (I know, I've been here a few...is that right, few?!?...years.) :O) I wish I was there to help you usher in another year. Or just to hug you. You look amazing, Carrie! So, here's to your wonderful 20s, but absolutely awesome 30s! Love you! ~Candie

Tiffany Wickes said...

Next week I will be 28. It feels like a big number but I feel so young. Don't let the number scare you. You are just as beautiful now as when we knew you at 24. More so actually because you are carrying a baby. Happy Birthday and yes it will be funny soon. I laugh now about my traffic light crying episode when I was pregnant with Georgia!

jj said...

I loved your synopsis of your 20's...it brought back lots of memories for me, too. I wish I had checked it on your birthday! Maybe this will help me remember to check more often! ):

Dad will be interested in your bowling alley breakdown...it may be just the excuse he needs to call you tomorrow! (;