Monday, June 21, 2010

The belly...


31 weeks, 3 days (6/12/10)
Don't you love the way G is standing sideways just like Momma?!

The belly is growing rapidly and I'm starting to nest (bought my first pack of diapers after hearing that a friend went into labor at 33 1/2 weeks)! I have to admit, the bump sometimes causes a few problems. First, I almost burned my tummy when I was cooking. It's exactly the right height/girthy-ness to bump into my skillets...Oops!
Next, I was spitting out toothpaste and the belly was blocking the sink so I had to change my shirt...Oops #2! Then, and this one is much more traumatic, I feel at the swimming pool after G's swim lesson and rolled around like a beached whale trying to stand back up. Those of you who are momma's out there remember how you have to get a little momentum from one direction, then roll on your side, and push up with your elbow to get up (there is NO bending at the waist at this point). Well, imagine doing that while your 2 year old stands over you asking "What happened Momma?" Oh, and imagine being in a bathing suit with your wobbly bits hanging out. Not cool, not cool at all. Anyway, I'm enjoying having the company in my belly. I remember after G was born feeling a little lost without the wiggles and bumps. I also know that this is the calm before the storm and she's never going to be easier to take care of than she is now, safe and sound in my tummy!

2 comments:

jj said...

I'm so glad you're doing this...it will be just as much fun for you and "G" to read later as it is for me to read now...little peeks into your world!

Little "PopFogle" is looking quite round and healthy and, of course, Mommy and "G" are looking so much alike...as usual! (:

Candie said...

I just love you guys!