Friday, February 5, 2010

It's good to be young

With 30 appproaching VERY quickly, I've been thinking about the end of my youth. Now, I know that I'm still young, I'm just referring to my crazy, carefree youth so I don't want to read a bunch of comments about how 30 isn't old. I'm aware.

Today I went an aqua class at the gym. I've always thought it would be fun but I've been chicken to go because, well, I'm not sure why. Anyway, today I sucked it up and went. I knew the class was filled with older people so I wasn't surprised to be the youngest there by about 30 years. What I did realize was how lucky I am to have a healthy body (even if I do have noodle arms). Before a lot of the moves, the instructor said things like "if you've had your hip replaced modify like this", "if you have arthritis, do it this way", and "those of you with bad knees can repeat the last move and skip this one." Ahh, it feels good to be young (even with a persistent cold)!

No comments: