Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time flies...

So M is being pretty darn awesome lately. A lot of people told me that their favorite part of "babyhood" was when their child was a snuggly, snoozy, soft little infant. I remember think "Man, if this is the best part, I'm in big trouble." Don't get me wrong, she was wonderful then, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the interaction and connection we have now. I love watching her toddle around, love the way she destroys everything in her path, I love the way she copies what I do (brushes her hair, talks on her play phone), and I really love the kisses she gives (super slobbery).

So, while I was thinking about her awesomeness now, I decided to remind myself of the amazing newborn she was by looking at old pictures. I came across this one of her when she first came home from the hospital.

We just moved her to a new, forward-facing carseat and I took a picture of her before we put the old seat in the attic. (By the way, she doesn't really like her new carseat...I don't think it's as comfy and because she can see us, she's more anxious to get out!) She still has skinny legs and giant feet (she's wearing a size 6!!!)

I can't believe how quickly the last year has passed and how much she's changed. I know it's a bit cliche, but boy, how time flies!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany Wickes said...

They do grow so much so fast. Being a expectant mama again I reminded myself recently of labor by watching my video (mind you it was all unmedicated) and thought "gee, it sure looks like it didn't feel very good. Why don't I remember it being that bad?" Time does fly by...and so does your memory!PS we will only be here for another year and a half so if you want to get a trip in, now is the time!

Matt Howard said...

I hear ya!! And I agree with everything you said...from LOVING this time in Trinity's life to how time flies. Before you know it you'll be celebrating her 6th birthday like we'll be doing around here in March...yes, Mikaela's turning 6!! Where did those years go?!? I'm soaking in all of Trinity being little while I can!! You do the same. That little girl is precious!! (But you already know that.)

Tripp said...

That's the same car seat we used to have for Elizabeth. Great minds think alike...